Campbell Adult and Community Education
What to bring to class every day:
· Attend class every day (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday).
· If you are absent for three days without communication with the teacher or you are regularly absent more than one day per week, you may be dropped from the class.
· Call me at 408-626-3402 Ext. 4599 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to be absent more than two days.
Learn English faster:
We work hard towards the goals that you set. Be ready to learn, practice and re-learn!
1. Arrive on time and stay until the end. Use your time wisely to learn English as much as you can.
2. Respect your classmates' time and commitment. Please turn your cell/smart phone to vibrate/silent mode before entering the classroom. No texting or calling in classroom, please.
3. Use English to communicate with your classmates. Try out new words, phrases, and expressions. Don't worry about mistakes!
4. Asking questions in class will help you and others to clarify things. Listen actively and if you don't understand, ask questions.
5. Make English speaking friends at work, in your neighborhood, or join a parent group and children's school community.
6. Take a few minutes every day to think in English - Watch this video to learn how!
7. Review your notes and classwork after class or during the weekend. Re-do only where you made mistakes in classwork.
8. Try to use an English-English Learner's dictionary. When you stop translating and start thinking in English, your language skills progress dramatically!
ESL 2017 Fall Semester Schedule
Aug 14: First Day
Sep 4:Labor Day - No school
Nov 20-24: Thanksgiving Week -No school
Dec 21: Last Day of School