EL Civics - Access to the Healthcare System
Communicate with Healthcare Workers
ESL Level 1
At the Doctor's Office - Listening
ESL Level 2
Talking to Medical People
Fill out Medical History Form
USA Learns - Independent Learner website. Use this website to practice on your own.
Step Forward website - click on the book you use in class to get started on practice lessons
Purdue University Online Writing Lab - This page has many writing resources for ESL students.
Math Concepts for ESL students
Math Concepts in English online mini-course
- This mini-course is designed to help ESL students understand different ways we name and represent some commonly used math concepts in English. Especially designed for ESL students who plan to take the TABE test to get into ABE or IBEST class.EnglishNumber.com
- This website has activities to help English learners practice understanding numbers in English.
Randall's ESL Cyber Listening Lab
- This free website has listening practice for Beginning, Intermediate, and Advanced students. Choose a level of difficulty (Easy, Medium, or Difficult), choose a topic, and listen to the conversation. Then take a short quiz to see how much you understood.
. This website has interesting articles on many topics. Watch a short video, then read an article and listen to the article being read to you. Vocabulary words are highlighted.NewsELA
- This online news page has current news articles. You choose the reading level that is best for you.
Recursos en Español
- Un sitio de internet gratis, bilingüe, basado en la fonética, e interactivo, diseñado para enseñar inglés básico a adultos hispanohablantes. A free, bilingual, phonetics-based, interactive website, designed to teach English basics to adult Spanish-speaking students.
GED/High School Resources
https://dmv-permit-test.com/This free online service will help your students prepare for the driver knowledge test and become safe drivers.The Learner Web
- a learning support system that helps you reach specific learning goals such as earning a GED, improving your English or other basic skills, increasing digital literacy, transitioning to higher education, preparing for a job, or improving job-related basic skills. CAHSEE Preparation
- An English-Language Arts Study Guide in PDF format.A+ Math
- Interactive, educational math activities for grades K-12. Includes math games, worksheets, flashcards, and more.Khan Academy
- Learn for free about math, art, computer programming, economics, physics, chemistry, biology, medicine, finance, history, and more.IXL Math
- Math practice on pre-K to geometry math topicsiCivics.org
- a free, web-based education project designed to teach students civics and inspire them to be active participants in our democracy.
100 Civics Questions and Answers with MP3 Audio (English Version)
- from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Serviceswww.uscis.gov/citizenship
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Citizenship Resource Center. This page includes useful resources for Learners, Teachers and Organizations.
- Offers training and support to help skilled immigrants achieve their full economic potential in the U.S.World Education Services
- Foreign Credential/Transcript Evaluation Services
Digital Literacy Skills
Blandin Digital Literacy Training Lesson
This site has lessons on Basic Computer Skills, Basic Internet Skills, Basic Email Skills, Basic Windows Skills, and Basic Word Processing Skills.
Goodwill Community Foundation (www.gcflearnfree.org
This page has lessons, interactive exercises, and videos on using computers, laptops, etc.
Check out their Computers
page, that has links to lessons on Internet Basics
, Email Basics
, Social Media
, Google Drive and Docs
, iPad Basics
, MS Office
, MS Word
, MS Excel
, MS Powerpoint
, MS Access
, and Tech Savvy Tips and Tricks
Free Computer Access and Training
- This website has digital literacy training and information about where you can get free computer access and training in the South Bay Area.
How to use a mouse
A mouse tutorial from gcflearnfree.org. This is an interactive lesson that shows how to hold the mouse, click, roll over, double click, drag and drop, etc. Mousercise
More mouse practice (clicking, scrolling left-right, up-down).Mouseprogram.com
- a website that allows you to practice moving the mouse, left clicking, right clicking, double clicking, scrolling up and down, drag and drop, and text selection.Typing/KeyboardingTyping.com
- a free online typing tutor & keyboarding tutorial for typists of all skill levels. Includes entertaining typing games, typing tests, and free official typing certification. The Parts of the Keyboard
Click on different buttons to see what different parts of a keyboard are for.Keyboard Shortcuts
Includes a video tutorial, common shortcuts, shortcuts for browser, shortcuts for text (Windows only and Mac only), etc.
https://dmv-permit-test.com/This free online service will help your students prepare for the driver knowledge test and become safe drivers.Santa Clara County 211
- A free, confidential, multilingual resource for non-emergency community, health and disaster information in Santa Clara County. Available in 170 languages, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Check out their website or dial 2-1-1. Part of the United Way.Legal Aid Society of Santa Clara County
- provides free, civil legal services to low-income persons. Services include: Family Law, Fair Housing, Landlord/Tenant Rights, Special Education, Immigration and Naturalization, and Conflicts Project. Aid available in Spanish, Vietnamese, and Chinese. (408) 998-5200. Health Trust
- Information about Family Medical Insurance. (408) 961-9893.Mental Health Support Services
- County of Santa Clara Mental Health Department. Find links to mental health service providers throughout Santa Clara County. Contact number (800) 704-0900. 24-Hour, Toll Free Hotline (855) 278-4204.Suicide and Crisis Services
- County of Santa Clara. Provides immediate and confidential emotional support and crisis intervention to people in life-threatening situations, and educates the community about suicide and suicide prevention. 24-Hour, Toll Free Hotline (855) 278-4204.Rape Crisis Center (YWCA)
- Offers free, immediate crisis counseling and assistance, information and referrals, child abuse and assault prevention programs, and accompaniment services to medical, police, and court facilities. 24-Hour, seven days-a-week crisis hotline (408)287-3000.SIREN (Services Immigrant Rights & Education Network)
- SIREN's Immigration Legal Services Program (ILSP) provides citizenship and immigration legal services to immigrants in Santa Clara County. Telephone: English: (408) 453-3003.Spanish/English (español/inglés): (408) 453-3017.Vietnamese/English (Tiếng Việt / Tiếng Anh): (408) 453-3013.