Campbell Adult and Community Education
What to bring to class every day:
3. A colored pen
4. A computer with Internet Connection
- Attend class every day (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday)
- Email Teacher at firstname.lastname@example.org, speak to her in class, call her at 408-626-3402 Ext. 4599 or if you need to be absent. Tell the teacher the reasons before you miss school.
- When you (your family members) are sick, stay home.
- If you are sick (you have a cough, fever, no taste or smell, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing), STAY HOME and CALL THE SCHOOL.
- If you have fatigue, muscle aches, headache, sore throat, nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea AND you cannot explain the symptoms by another reason, STAY HOME and CALL THE SCHOOL.
- If you had close contact with a person with COVID, STAY HOME and CALL THE SCHOOL.
- Blackford office: 408-626-3402, press 2
- Everyone enrolled in ESL class needs to take a pair of CASAS tests and pass EL Civics units to show progress.
Expectations in learning English at CACE
1. Speaking another language is just like learning new dance steps. Train your speech muscle by repeating and saying often until you feel comfortable and automatic.
2. Use English to communicate with your classmates. Try out new words, phrases, and expressions.
3. Ask at least one question a day! You will remember the question and answer better because you think about it and say it more.
4. Make English speaking friends at work, in your neighborhood, or join a parent group and children's school community.
5. Take a few minutes every day to think in English - Watch this video to learn how to think in English!
6. Review your notes and classwork after class or during the weekend.